Dear Members and Friends of Rock Spring,
There is no doubt about it: this has been a tough year. However, in a world of exile, Rock Spring stands as a beacon of hope. You – and all you bring and share – make our community one of hope and homecoming, continually widening the welcome to our community. As we plan for 2022, we see Rock Spring’s commitment to hope playing out in so many ways.
Here are just a few of the many signs we see.
- 119 solar panels are now shining bright on top Carpenter Hall, one step of a many-tiered process to fulfill our commitment to become a NetZero congregation.
- We are providing emotional, tangible, and financial help to refugees and resettlement agencies in the area.
- Our collaboration with Calloway United Methodist Church continues, as we take action to dismantle systemic racism and create a society where all of God’s children can live together as siblings.
- The Congregation is embracing “Holy Experiments” to meet the varying needs of this time.
- Our wonderful staff is creatively, pastorally, and continually pivoting to meet ever-changing needs presented by the pandemic and the new realities of the hybrid Church.
- The relationships we have established and sustained online over the past 18 months continue to grow deeper.
- A new confirmation class is filled with bright, fun, and inquisitive youth.
This Sunday, November 21, is Thanks+Giving Sunday. We ask you to prayerfully consider your pledge to Rock Spring for the coming year and make it online by next Sunday. Alternatively, you may print this pledge card and either mail it to us or bring it with you to worship.
Why make a pledge for 2022? The single most important source of funding for Rock Spring’s ministries comes from the pledges received during our annual giving campaign. We use the pledge information you give us to create the budget for the coming year. To reach our budget goal this year, we will need to raise an additional $75,608 over and above the 2021 pledge base of $895,392. See the proposed budget here.
We are grateful for the steadfast support of the Congregation. We encourage you, if you are able, to elect to fulfill your pledge through an automated gift. Nearly 65% of Rock Spring’s pledges are received through automatic withdrawals that members have authorized Rock Spring to make, and automated monthly or quarterly payments give Rock Spring a steady, dependable cash flow with lower processing fees than weekly or one-time transactions, meaning that more of your gift goes directly to Rock Spring’s mission and activities. If you are interested in automating your gift, you may do so through Rock Spring’s website. If you have questions about automating your pledge, please contact our Financial Secretary, David Tornquist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We acknowledge each gift to be as unique as the individual giver, and we strive to be exceptional stewards of the resources entrusted to us.
This year, we encourage you to make a pledge that is both responsible and significant based on what God is calling you to give. Together, we will build a future with hope.
The 2022 Stewardship Campaign Committee
Vince Meehan, Chair