Mindful Making with Molly McCracken
- Date: Friday, May 6, 2022
- Time: 7:00pm–8:00pm
- Location: Via Zoom, Your Home!
For Mindful Making on the First Friday of the month, I encourage you to use materials that you have on hand. There are many things we throw away or recycle that can be transformed into beautiful art. Occasionally, I will show examples that use materials you may not have at home and that is fine, you can consider alternatives that you might have at home. For example, if I use ink or watercolor, you could substitute food coloring and explore what kinds of marks you can make with that material. I will always have some sort of project that you can create or technique that you can try but I welcome any kind of creative practice, so if you have something that you are working on please feel free to join the community of mindful makers and know that all are welcome.
Examples of materials that I often use are:
- paper (any kind, junk mail, catalogs, security envelopes, painted papers, tissue paper, gift wrap, etc.)
- cardboard (thin cardboard from cereal boxes, thick cardboard from packaging, etc.)
- glue (glue sticks, Elmer’s school glue, Mod Podge, acrylic medium, book binding glue, etc.)
- mark making tools (pencils, colored pencils, pens, markers, paints, inks, brushes, sponges, etc. – this is a place to let your imagination run wild)
On October 1, I am going to show you how to create a selfie portrait like the Youth of Rock Spring did at their first meeting (see photo below). If you would like to follow along with this project on Friday, it is helpful if you can have a black and white printed copy of a selfie that includes the top of your head to your shoulders and fills up as much of the paper as possible. If you do not have access to a printer, please let me or Ashley know and we will figure something out. You will also need some kind of paint, markers or colored pencils, scissors, glue and a thicker piece of paper, cardstock or cardboard that is the same size (or slightly bigger) than your selfie.
Looking forward to mindfully making with all of you.
Email Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive monthly reminders.
Join via Zoom: https://bit.ly/MindfulMaking