Welcome to Rock Spring Preschool!
Rock Spring Cooperative Preschool has been located in Rock Spring Congregational Church for more than 65 years. We work closely with the church on many issues, but the preschool is a separate entity. RSCP is non-profit and non-sectarian. Our philosophy is formed on the knowledge that young children learn by playing and that their play reflects their continuous emotional, social, intellectual, and physical growth and development. Therefore, we are a play-based program and our curriculum goals are designed to meet the specific age needs and individual differences of children eighteen months to five years of age. As a cooperative preschool, parents and caregivers are provided the benefits of active involvement in the education of their young children.
Rock Spring Cooperative Preschool Goals
- Educate the “total child” with special emphasis on encouraging and fostering social and emotional growth and development.
- Have each child develop a positive self-image and interest and joy in learning.
- Provide a nurturing, stimulating environment in which children learn through play.
RSCP currently offers four different age specific programs for 18 months to five-years-old. All classes run from 9:15 am - 12:00 noon. Though schedules vary from class to class, a typical day includes:
- free play,
- circle time,
- big muscle play,
- and story time.
The curriculum also includes special activities such as enrichment once a week, which may include, music, art, cooking, science or another creative experience, field trips, and special visitors. There is also an additional option for Lunch Bunch, Monday - Friday, for children age 3 and that are potty trained.
Enrollment at RSCP is offered first to priority applicants listed as follows in order of priority:
- Children of current members and staff.
- Children of alumni members and staff (unless membership terminated for cause).
- Children of Rock Spring Congregational Church members (Individuals are considered members when they have gone through the membership process, have been received into membership and have been attending Rock Spring Congregational Church for six months or more.)
Non-priority applications for membership are accepted from September–February and are entered into a lottery in the end of February for the following school year.
For further information about Rock Spring Cooperative Preschool, please visit our website.