Rohrer Memorial Library
History of Rohrer Memorial Library
Charles and Carrie Rohrer were charter members of Rock Spring Church. Mrs. Rohrer’s untimely death led her friends to give a living memorial to her, a children’s library which began in 1915. At the time, this was the only public library in Arlington. By 1920, adult books were also included in the collection. In the 1950’s, before the county and schools had their libraries, an effort was made to supply book needs of school children.
You will find interesting and sought-after books in the new online catalogue. The main library houses a collection of fiction and nonfiction books and is located on the 1st floor of the main church building, under the sanctuary. Adult fiction includes a wide variety of novels and mysteries. The range of nonfiction subjects is broad and includes biographies, autobiographies and special interest collections for ecojustice, hand-made ministries and more.
The library has added a baker’s dozen new books this month! Here are the new books for the month.
Have a book to recommend to the library? Click Here
The chidren's library is currently under construction and will be available soon in the upper atrium of the Hunter Building. The library has a children’s collection (ages preschool to second grade).